To be eligible for the online Biomedical Engineering Innovation program:
- You must have completed the following prior to starting the course:
- Algebra 2
- A class that covered the trigonometric functions.
- Chemistry and/or Physics.
- You do not need to study biology prior to the start of class. The information you will need is incorporated into the Biomedical Engineering Innovation (BMEI) lessons. Any questions you have during BMEI can be answered by the instructor or TAs. The physics requirement is much more extensive, which is why we require students to study physics (in their schools or with our online prep) prior to BMEI.
- You must have As and Bs in your high school math and science classes.
- You must be a current high school student or recent high school graduate who has not yet started undergraduate studies.
Students who earn an A or a B will earn 3 credits from Johns Hopkins for the course EN.500.130: Biomedical Engineering Innovation. These students are eligible to request a transcript and can request that these credits transfer to another university if they do not enroll at JHU as undergraduates. The credits awarded by JHU for this BME EI online course are available to count towards your undergraduate degree at JHU. Credits may be applied towards your total required credits to graduate.