1. Complete the online application
Follow the link at the bottom of this page to complete the online application, which includes:
- Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of $85 must be paid online with the application submission. This fee can be paid with either a credit card or checking account information.
- Two Short Essays: Please upload one document that includes your responses to both questoins.
- [In 175-225 words] Explain why you want to participate in the Explore Engineering Innovation or Biomedical Engineering Innovation course and what you hope to gain from the experience.
- [in 100-125 words ] The diversity of its student population is a key element of the educational experience of students in the Engineering Innovation Program. Please explain how your participation in the Program and/or how your prior experiences reflect a commitment to diversity through one or more of the following: unique life experience, experience with engineering or lack thereof, socioeconomic status, race or ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, status as a first generation college student, nationality or place of origin, etc.
- Test Scores: The most recent standardized test scores (PSAT, SAT, ACT) should be entered on the online application. You are still eligible to apply even if you have not taken a standardized test.
- TOEFL, IELTS, DET: International students must submit TOEFL, IELTS, or DET scores.
- Teacher Recommendation: A math or science teacher’s name and email address must be provided on the online application. The teacher will receive an email with directions on how to submit the recommendation electronically. You should ask your teacher if they are willing to recommend you before providing us with their email address. Please note that only one recommendation is required.
- Financial Information: Engineering Innovation has a limited number of needs-based scholarships available. If you are applying for a scholarship, you must complete the online Financial Aid form that is part of the application, and provide supporting documents, typically US 1040 tax forms, which can be uploaded as part of the online application or mailed to us.
2. Ask your school to send us your transcript
Transcripts: A copy of your high school transcript—including grades through the most recent marking period of the current academic year—must be sent to our office directly from your school. We do not accept transcripts sent by applicants and/or their parents. The school may send the transcript by email to [email protected]. You may use our transcript request form to submit the request to your school. This process can take several weeks, so plan ahead. Please let us know on the online application if you are currently enrolled in a required class that will not show up on your transcript.
The fastest way to send transcripts and other supporting documents is to email them to [email protected]. For our office to consider the transcript “official” it must be emailed by a school official, not the student or parent/guardian. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected].