We are no longer accepting applications for the fall session of Biomedical Engineering Innovation.
BMEI online will be offered from January 25 – April 23, 2021. The application will open in mid-October.
Admission to the Engineering Innovation Program or the Biomedical Engineering Innovation Program does not automatically entitle students for admission into the undergraduate program at Johns Hopkins University.
The following materials are due with each application:
- Program Application: To be completed online – see links above for the appropriate program
- Short Essay: In 250 words, explain why you want to participate in the Engineering Innovation or Biomedical Engineering Innovation course and what you hope to gain from the experience. This essay must be uploaded to the online application.
- Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of $85 must be paid online with the application submission. This can fee can be paid with either a credit card or checking account information.
- Test Scores: The most recent standardized test scores (PSAT, SAT, ACT) must be entered on the online application. You are still eligible to apply even if you have not taken a standardized test. International students must also submit TOEFL, IELTS, or DET scores.
- Teacher Recommendation: A math or science teacher’s name and email address must be provided on the online application. The teacher will receive an email with directions on how to submit the recommendation electronically. You should ask your teacher if they are willing to recommend you before providing us with their email address.
- Financial Information: If you are applying for a scholarship, you must complete the online Financial Aid form with supporting documents, typically 1040 tax forms, which can be uploaded as part of the online application or mailed to us.
- Transcripts: A copy of your high school transcript—including grades from the first semester of the current academic year—must be sent to our office directly from your school. The school may send the transcript by email to email@example.com (recommended) or by postal mail to the address provided on the transcript request form. You may use our transcript request form to submit the request to your school. This process can take several weeks, so plan ahead. Please let us know on the online application if you are currently enrolled in a required class that will not show up on your transcript.
Due to an abundance of caution related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Engineering Innovation staff, as well as most JHU employees, are now working remotely. We will be able to receive mail and packages regularly, but not daily. The fastest way to send transcripts and other supporting documents is to email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. For our office to consider the transcript “official” it must be emailed by a school official, not the student or parent/guardian. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.