Applications to the Engineering Innovation Summer Program will be completed and submitted online. Click here to apply.
Applications will be accepted until the site has reached full enrollment. We will post deadlines regularly on the Deadlines page of this website.
Admission to the Engineering Innovation Summer Program does not automatically entitle students for admission into the undergraduate program at Johns Hopkins University.
The following materials are due with each application.
- Program Application: To be completed online.
- Short Essay: In 250 words, explain why you want to participate in the Engineering Innovation course and what you hope to gain from the experience. This essay must be uploaded to the online application.
- Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of $75 must be paid online with the application submission. This can fee can be paid with either a credit card or checking account information.
- Test Scores: The most recent standardized test scores (PSAT, SAT, ACT) must be entered on the online application. You are still eligible to apply even if you have not taken a standardized test.
- Teacher Recommendation: A math or science teacher’s name and email address must be provided on the online application. The teacher will receive an email with directions on how to submit the recommendation electronically. You should ask your teacher if they are willing to recommend you before providing us with their email address.
- Transcripts: Official high school transcripts, including grades from the first semester of the current academic year, must be provided. You will need to request this form from your high school—using our transcript request form—and have them email it to us at email@example.com or mail to the address below. To be considered official, the transcript/report card must be sent by the school, not the applicant. This process can take several weeks, so plan ahead. Please let us know on the online application if you are currently enrolled in a required class that will not show up on your transcript.
Johns Hopkins University
Shaffer Hall 103
3400 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218
- Financial Information: If you are requesting financial assistance, you must complete the online Financial Aid form with supporting documents, typically 1040 and W2 tax forms, which can be uploaded or mailed to us.
- International Students: International students will need an F-1 visa to participate in Engineering Innovation. Once you have been accepted into the program, you will need to provide the Johns Hopkins Office of International Services a copy of the identification pages in your passport and a copy of a bank statement showing that you have sufficient funds to cover the costs associated with attending Engineering Innovation.