Biomedical Engineering Innovation Summer 2020: Online Application
Biomedical Engineering Innovation Fall 2020: application available February 3, 2020
Admission to the Engineering Innovation Summer Program or the Biomedical Engineering Innovation Program does not automatically entitle students for admission into the undergraduate program at Johns Hopkins University.
The following materials are due with each application:
- Program Application: To be completed online – see links above for the appropriate program
- Short Essay: In 250 words, explain why you want to participate in the Engineering Innovation or Biomedical Engineering Innovation course and what you hope to gain from the experience. This essay must be uploaded to the online application.
- Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of $85 must be paid online with the application submission. This can fee can be paid with either a credit card or checking account information.
- Test Scores: The most recent standardized test scores (PSAT, SAT, ACT) must be entered on the online application. You are still eligible to apply even if you have not taken a standardized test. International students must also submit TOEFL, IELTS, or DET scores.
- Teacher Recommendation: A math or science teacher’s name and email address must be provided on the online application. The teacher will receive an email with directions on how to submit the recommendation electronically. You should ask your teacher if they are willing to recommend you before providing us with their email address.
- Financial Information: If you are applying for a scholarship, you must complete the online Financial Aid form with supporting documents, typically 1040 tax forms, which can be uploaded as part of the online application or mailed to us.
- Course Schedule: This is only required only for Biomedical Engineering Innovation applications. Please provide a copy of the courses you will be taking at your local high school during the time you plan to participate in Biomedical Engineering Innovation. You will be asked to upload a copy of your course schedule into the application before you are able to submit.
- Transcripts: A copy of your high school transcript—including grades from the first semester of the current academic year—must be sent to our office directly from your school. The school may send the transcript by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (recommended) or by postal mail to the address provided on the transcript request form. You may use our transcript request form to submit the request to your school. This process can take several weeks, so plan ahead. Please let us know on the online application if you are currently enrolled in a required class that will not show up on your transcript.