Full and partial scholarships are available to cover program tuition and fees. Click here to learn more.
Tuition and Fees
The following tuition and fees are estimates for EI 2019. Costs will be finalized by December 2018.
Application Fee: $85 due when the online application is submitted.
Commuter Program Tuition and Fees:
- Johns Hopkins Homewood campus (Baltimore, MD): $3,080 estimate
Hood College campus (Frederick, MD): $3,080 estimate
Lunch is provided at the Fresh Food Cafe (FFC) on the JHU campus or the Hood College cafeteria for the duration of the course. The total cost to attend the commuter program at the JHU Baltimore campus or the Hood College campus is $3,080 ($2,850 Tuition plus $230 Lunch Fee).
- All other commuter locations: $2,850 estimate
Lunch is not provided, so the total cost is $2,850 for Tuition.
Residential Program Tuition and Fees:
- Johns Hopkins Homewood campus (Baltimore, MD): $7,350 estimate
Hood College campus (Frederick, MD): $7050 estimate
This cost includes tuition, housing, meals, and residential activity fees for the duration of the program. Students live in the dorms with full-time residential counselors, eat in the dining hall, and participate in fun evening and weekend activities. The total cost to attend the residential program at the JHU campus is $7,350 ($2,850 Tuition plus $4,500 Residential Program Fee). The total cost to attend the residential program at Hood College is $7050 ($2850 Tuition plus $4200 Residential Program Fee). Note that the Residential Program Fee ($4500 at JHU; $4200 at Hood) is non-refundable.
International Students: $200 Additional processing fee upon enrollment.
Full program payment is due by the student’s enrollment deadline.
Residential Program Fees, Commuter Lunch Fees, and International Fees are non-refundable.
To withdraw from the program Engineering Innovation, our office must receive a written statement of withdrawal from the student’s parent or guardian. This notice can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to our office.
- Withdrawal notices received earlier than three weeks prior to the start of class will receive a 90% tuition cost reduction, which is a refund of $2,565 for students who did not receive any scholarships.
- Withdrawal notices received within three weeks prior to the class and until the Friday of the first week of the course will receive a 50% tuition cost reduction, which is a refund of $1,425 for students who did not receive any scholarships.
- No refunds will be issued after the end of the first week of class.
No refund will be granted to students suspended or dismissed for disciplinary reasons. The Engineering Innovation program reserves the right to dismiss a student whose academic standing or general conduct is considered unsatisfactory.